A.H. Harris started out in 1916 as a small, family-owned and operated trucking company. Our focus then and now: To provide “the highest quality products and professional services” to our customers. Many things have changed since then. Now, we’re a company that distributes products to the heavy & highway, commercial, and industrial markets with special focus on forming, sitework and concrete repair and restoration. A.H. Harris has been proudly serving the construction industry for over a century, and like any successful business, our history is one of steady growth, expansion, and development.
March 16, 1916
Arthur H. Harris founds a trucking company in New Britain, Connecticut.
July 8, 1936
The company moves into a larger facility and expands its construction products line.
December 16, 1952
The company adds an office in Massachusetts.
December 16, 1964
Arthur’s four sons assume the management of the company.
January 1, 1969
New branches added in New York & New Jersey.
December 16, 1969
A.H. Harris opens an office in Newark, New Jersey.
January 1, 1979
Portsmouth NH branch opens.
January 1, 1980
Company expands its product lines, customer base and market interests
January 1, 1999
Harris expands its geographical footprint into Virginia.
December 16, 2002
A.H. Harris acquires its rebar fabricating division, HarMac Rebar and Steel Corporation, headquartered in Fryeburg, Maine.
January 1, 2010
A.H. Harris develops its own clamp forming system – Harris 1500 – and expands into Government Sales.
January 1, 2016
Celebrating a ‘Century of Service’, 40 facilities serving 15+ states, and an improved Harris Website!
March 31, 2016
Completed the acquisition and partnering of Kenseal Construction Products with A.H. Harris
March 5, 2018
HD Supply completes acquisition of AH Harris.