We partnered with a new vendor to help us maintain our various locations’ online listings. As you can imagine, there are numerous ways customers discover us online, from maps to directories, from their phones and computers and their preferred listing pages (think Bing, Yahoo, CitySearch, MapQuest, Yahoo, Yellow Pages, Google, Apple, GPS etc.). We gathered some stats which we hope you’ll find interesting. For all Harris, Kenseal and HarMac locations combined, we now manage 3,685 listings in one real-time dashboard (powered by Yext), have suppressed over 400 incorrect/outdated/duplicate listings so far and have pretty neat reporting available.
Here are some highlights:
- On an average weekday, all branches combined get about 1,500 views on Google Maps
- Peak times for phone calls are between 7am – 11am and around 2pm
- Top search terms for our locations are: ‘masonry’, ‘concrete forms rental’, ‘building materials’ and ‘steel supply’
- Most online searches result in getting directions, followed by making phone calls and website clicks (see graphic)
- Some of the analytics we are so detailed, we know things like gender, age group, device/app used, hometown etc. Great insights to continuously optimize our presence!
Wherever we can, we include not only opening hours and product/service categories, but also payment methods, parking info and links to our social channels, company videos etc. While most of you will never have to worry about those listings, it’s great to know we have people and technology dedicated to ensure all locations are represented well online and easy for customers to reach. We launched this new tool only a few weeks ago, so if you still find incorrect data online, please give us a heads-up and we can correct it. As always, feedback and questions are welcome. Thanks!