As we all begin to prepare for the upcoming holiday season, we are reminded to give back to our communities. Here at A.H. Harris we have participated in community service all year long through a new initiative, Harris Cares. Each one of our branches chose a charity to sponsor and came together as a team to set aside time to volunteer. This holiday season, we encourage everyone to donate their time to participate in community service. There are various ways to support causes in your area, if you need help getting started check out these 6 helpful tips!
- Random Acts of Kindness: Whether you hold the door for someone, pay for another’s coffee, or simply show a smile to a stranger, a small gesture can go a long way.
- Cleanse Your Closet: Take time to go through your home closets, if you have clothing that hasn’t been worn in the past year, donate the items to a local homeless shelter or Salvation Army.
- Toys for Tots: Donate a toy at one of the area toy drop locations, host a Toys for Tots event at your home, office or other venue and collect toys for Toys for Tots, or volunteer at the local warehouse.
- Food Drives: Have a basket in your office or home and fill it with unopened, non-perishable canned and boxed food items that can be donated to local food banks.
- Organize a Fundraiser: Bring people together and work towards a single cause. Take what you are passionate about and raise awareness to a cause close to you and your community.
- Participate in Charity Walks/Runs: Research walks and runs happening in your neighborhood and get a team together.