A key element to A.H. Harris’ future growth will be the continued opportunity to add companies to our group via acquisitions. Our organization evolved through the combination of A.H. Harris and Sons, Inc., MacFarlane Steel and our most recently addition of Kenseal Construction Products, as well as the acquisition of several in-market brands over the decades. As we grow, we continue to seek complimentary companies to help serve customers in our core markets (Building Materials, Forming & Shoring, Fabricated Rebar, Waterproofing & Glazing). We are also always looking to partner with companies in new and existing markets, to further establish our position of preferred distributor for customers across the nation.
As we review potential companies to join the Harris group, we examine & assess you based on our values and the following questions:
- Are you a local leader among customers, employees, vendors and in your community?
- Will you benefit from A.H. Harris’ existing relationships with key manufacturers?
- Is your management focused on making daily improvements to better serve customers, employees & vendors?
- Will your management team and employees fit into our company culture?
- Are you committed to growth and continuous improvement?
If our answer to these questions is YES, then you might be a good candidate to join our organization! Please fill out the form below to start a confidential conversation about the possibility of joining the A.H. Harris family of companies. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Typical Asset Purchase Process
- Initial discussion among your Company and A.H. Harris leadership to determine mutual interest
- Execute confidentiality agreement and exchange information
- Formal meeting of owners & key executives, tour of facilities
- Provide verbal indication of value and key transaction parameters
- Letter of Intent
- Develop legal agreement and conduct formal due diligence (incl. financial, operational, market, human resources, environmental, risk management etc.)
- Finalize asset purchase agreement, conduct physical inventory and closing
- Integration & growth strategy execution
- Strong management team, committed to future growth of business & employees
- Leading position in markets served
- Projection of steady or growing market conditions
- Demonstrated consistency & profitable growth
- Effective & efficient utilization of assets
- Clean operating history